Thursday, June 3, 2021

So far so awesome!

As we sit in the air conditioned hotel room we splurged on tonight on account of the 110 degree heat, I am so grateful for an awesome start to our road trip adventure!

We left Monday morning at 7am bright-eyed and ready for fun! 

(imagine a selfie shot of our family, taken from the front seat of our Suburban....I will add the actual photo when my computer cooperates; right now I’m posting with my thumbs from Ben’s phone and uploading photos isn’t so easy! Yes, I know there’s social media for that... ;-))



We decided to take pictures of each “Welcome to {insert state}” sign as we crossed the border so Montana was first up. It reminded me of when my Grandpa, Aunt Esther, and Uncle Herb came out to visit us almost 6 years ago - we got a great shot of the MT sign then too!



Driving through MT was fairly uneventful and we got settled in nicely at the Bozeman Hot Springs Campground. Folks, this place was one of the highest priced campgrounds in our whole trip but worth every penny! I’d give our whole stay a 10/10. The campground adjoins the hot springs, where they have 4 outdoor pools, and multi-separated pools on the inside, the hottest of which was 106! Ben had read that going from the hot pool to a colder pool (65 degrees) acts as a great detoxifier for the body, so we both took the plunge. WOW was it a shock to the body and a literal take-your-breath-away experience. Once was enough for me :-)

We all slept great and enjoyed a brown bag breakfast offered by the campground, then got everything packed up for our next drive of the trip, to Tremonton, UT. We’ve learned pretty quickly what all needs to go where in the camper and in the truck so everything can go as smoothly as possible and it only takes 40 mins or so to break down and button up so we can be on our way. 

The next leg brought us through a tiny slice of Wyoming (but no “welcome to WY” sign) and then Idaho, on a stretch of interstate Ben and I have actually never driven before, which was fun to experience some “new road”! When we crossed into Utah, it was getting late so we opted not to take the picture of the sign (but don’t worry! We rectified that today in a UT to AZ back to UT and back to AZ again) so we could just get set up at our campsite - we wanted to break in our campfire Dutch oven and cook up a rump roast we dug out of the freezer before we left! Pictures to come soon- it was fantastic, even if we did eat at 9:30pm!





The chilly night woke us up early where Ben and I enjoyed some French press coffee while watching the sun rise over the mountains. What a beautiful country we live in!!

I’ll leave it at that for now - I’ll post soon about the rest of our UT drive and hanging out with my cousin Isaac in St. George for a few hours!


Mileage to date: approximately 1400 miles

No comments: