Thursday, June 24, 2021

A New State!

((Folks, I know these posts are not necessarily in chronological order but I'm trying my best to get as many things up as I have time to do - thanks for your understanding!))

After 2.5 weeks, we *finally* made it to another state - California was great to us, but it felt really good to move on to Oregon, where I lived on and off for 7 years, and where Ben lived for 3. The air just smelled different once we crossed the border.

But alas, it was raining, so we opted for a drive-by picture instead of a family photo op.


We arrived at our campsite in Eugene late on Tuesday night. We spent all of Wednesday moseying around town - beginning with the Owen Rose Garden, Sweet Life Patisserie (with GF, DF, and vegan options!), the 5th Street Market, Hot Mama's Wings (also entirely GF menu!), another shot at the Owen Rose Garden, and finally meeting up with my brother Andy at his place of employment, Hop Valley Brewing and Restaurant. He made the soup of the day with us in mind and really knocked it out of the park (so much so that I ordered two cups because I just wanted more!)!

We spent one more night at the campsite and then packed up the camper and made our quickest departure yet - we were on the road less than an hour from wake up time! Onward we drove to Bend, Oregon, where we are currently staying at some friends' house until first thing Sunday morning, where we'll head up to Idaho.

Bend will be experiencing record highs this weekend of 111 degrees, so I envision some floating-the-Deschutes-River and staying cool with local microbrews!


No comments: