Thursday, September 29, 2011

Out of the Sky

As is custom for his sleep-walking habits, Ben was in the back getting rest, for about 45 minutes when I hear the tear of the velcro curtain open.

"Everything okay up there Deb?"

"Yep, everything is fine. Just go back to sleep hon."

"Are you sure you don't need my help?"

Thinking he is legitimately awake, I respond again, "Nope. Just get your rest."

A short pause.

"Have you landed any planes lately?" he asks.

"You know Ben, I can't say that I have. Have you landed any planes lately?"

A deep sigh. "No. I think I'm just gonna lay back down here. Let me know if you need anything!"

And, as is to be expected, a few hours later when he really woke up, he had no recollection of our conversation. It certainly is entertaining!


Present location: Sacramento, CA
Headed to: Portland, OR
Miles the last two weeks: 11,500


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: